Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gettin' in the Cake Decorating Spirit Too


Rick's wedding cake


Carrie's Mermaid Cake

Debbi's baby shower cake

Debbi's Hannah Montana Cake

After seeing the amazing cakes that Debbi, Carrie, Samantha, and now Rick have made, I decided it was time to get in the game for Spencer's birthday. Rick took him to the Monster Truck Jam last weekend. Spencer loved it and I knew that was going to be our theme for his cake. It turned out amazing and I must say I think it could be in the cake catalog at the Target bakery. Here is our masterpiece:



12 comments:

Allie said...

That is awesome! Way to be an amazing mom:D

Jen said...

I thought my eyes beguiled me! You actually posted!!! YAY!!!

You rock Jules! Is there more than one picture that is supposed to be there b/c there's a HUGE space b/w your text and the 1 picture I see?

I bet you Spencer was loving that cake! Did you get a picture of his reaction?

The Martone Memories said...

That is so funny! I love Richard claiming the Mario cake.

Debbi said...

It is wonderful - all you would have had to do is pop it out of the pan and put it on a cake board and it would have been PROFESSIONAL! I am sure Spencer loved it - I saw he was under the weather - did he perk up for cake and presents?

Debbi said...

Oh yeah and I am pretty confident that I COULD do that Mario cake for Rick whenever he is ready ;)

Terina Dee said...

WOW! That is my kinda cake! Aidan and I made a cake for cubs Mom and Me. I took a rectangle and squirted the shape of the US and wrote across it America.
I think we should have won, but it pales in view of the monster trucks! Next YEAR!!!!

TexasRanger said...

Okay, that's amazing!!!

Almost worthy of cake wrecks. :P

Emily said...

Hey! Glad I found your blog! Check out ours at kevinandemilypackard.blogspot.com. We are coming down there in a couple weeks. Can't wait!

Brenda said...

Love it Jules!! It's the all american boy cake! You've been a busy women with science fairs, reports, and now cakes! Way to go!

Mansell Six said...

That totally cracks me up!! First off, WOW to everyone's cake decorating skills!! And Julie, I agree, I think cake decorating is one of your hidden talents!

Anonymous said...

That is my kind of cake!

Anonymous said...

Although, for lucky Sadie, I bought a box of ice cream bars, stacked them on a plate, and stuck candles in the top one. Beat that.