Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Day at the Orlando Temple


I took this with my little point and shoot camera. I love how it turned out.

This week was the first time Richard and I have been to the temple since we've been in Florida. We have no good excuse for this other than not making it a priority. Richard took Tuesday off so we could go while the kids were in school.

The Orlando Temple is just under two hours away and is actually located in Windermere where, as Rick made sure to point out, Tiger Woods lives.

The other day I was wondering out loud about how we don't have a temple in Tampa, while Utah gets yet another one. Well, in our session were saints from the Tallahassee stake who had travelled four hours to serve. Let's just say, I was humbled and will remember to be grateful for our nearby beautiful Orlando Temple.

6 comments:

Allie said...

I am glad you got to go. Hope you are feeling somewhat better!

Brenda said...

Beautiful Temple! I even complain with our temple being 1/2 hour away. Thanks for reminding me how lucky I really am.

Jen said...

Ya, I heard from Rick about that stake day at the temple. :D How wonderful that you were able to go! Gary and I haven't been forever and we have ALL those Utah temples! We're ridiculous!

Oh and yes, Rick was sure to mention the Tiger Woods fact to us as well :D

White family said...

Julie,
your picture turned out so clear and beautiful, oh and good Job on going to the temple too. :)

Mansell Six said...

That really is a pretty Temple! What a great picture!!

The Martone Memories said...

It's a beautiful Temple!