Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting in the Christmas Spirit!

I love the spirit of Christmas! Christmas music would be playing and our tree would be up every November first if it was up to me.

Since Halloween, I've been waking the kids up with Christmas music playing loudly in the mornings. To include Dason, I make sure it's playing when he gets home from school. They've been great sports about it.

Well, I was quite pleased when Richard said he thought it was time to make Christmas cookies this weekend. WOO HOO! My plan worked!


The cookie elves.

Here is the video:

I love that Dason is feeling it!


Check out Spencer's casualty.


Now check out Rick & Sydney's cheeks. Thank goodness the batch was huge!


Dason joining in on the fun. He ate a lot of cookie dough.


Spencer is working on his masterpiece.


According to Spencer, Dad copied his candy cane idea.

On Monday night the kids finished their homework early and were really feeling the Christmas spirit. So I decided to show them how to make popcorn garland. It was their very first time.

Sydney was so scared of poking herself that it took her a long time to get her string filled.


Spencer did really well and only poked himself with the needle twice.


Their finished product. Dason got the 5 foot tree out of the attic so we could set it up and display their garland.

Did I mention that I love Christmas?

8 comments:

The Martone Memories said...

I LOVE the video. I love how they look like they are in the grove and working as such a great team. I love Christmas too. Next week I get to decorate!

Jen said...

A POST?!?!? YAY!!

I love Dason dancing in the video! You guys are all too fun! Decorating Christmas cookies?! Awesome! I loved this entire post! I've never made popcorn garland. Yes, I am deprived :D

Unknown said...

You made me have a desire to get in the Christmas spirit. Dason is really a cool dancer and decorator of cookies. You were all having fun. Sweet memories.
Nana

McLani said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your post, how it reminded me of my grandparents and how much I miss their wisdom, etc. :) Cheers~ Lani

McLani said...

oops.. (doh) and of COURSE it was a pleasure to see your family, your life - pretty much a tidbit. That was fun! :)

Lisa said...

Dason's hip shaking was so cute.

Brenda said...

I love that you made popcorn string!!! I think if we tried that at our house it would all be gone before we even put the string through it! I agree, I think that as much work as it is to set up Christmas, it should be a two month deal! Happy Holidays!!!

Jen said...

JUUUUUWWEEEEE?!?! Is anybody out there? Is this thing on? Where are you?

How'd the company christmas party go at your house?
How are you doing?

Love ya