Saturday, June 20, 2009

New Mexico then Utah - Road Trip Oh Nine

The awesome view from our hotel room.

Grants, New Mexico

On our way to Utah, I took a detour and let the kids visit the Four Corners Monument.



They thought it was pretty cool to say they were in four states at one time.

Time for souveneirs.

When we pulled in, the first thing that caught Spencer's eye was an arrow. We walked to over 40 booths and no matter how much he liked what he picked up, he could not be persuaded from getting an arrow.

After a long search for Sydney's souvenir, we went in a tent and she found a necklace and a bracelet she liked. While there, they spotted flutes. They each chose one, and of course we had to get one for their cousin Brennon.


As they walked to the snow cone stand, I realized getting Sydney and Spencer flutes on a road trip probably wasn't the best idea.


Enjoying an icy treat in the middle of nowhere, or should I say the middle of everywhere?


Spencer keeping a watchful eye on his arrow.

On the road ... a g a i n!


We made it to Orem around 8:30 pm. After meeting up with Gary, Jen, Brennon and Kya... Sydney and Spencer rode a few rides at the Orem's Summerfest Carnival before it closed. Jen and I grabbed dinner for everyone at Taco Time. (Their Crisp Burritos are so good)! After our late dinner, the kids went to bed, and that officially ended the first half of our road trip.

2 comments:

Mansell Six said...

Dude...we are starting to take pictures at each state.... the 4 corners would be AWESOME!! I always wanted to do that but never did.

Jen said...

LOL! I love the flute videos!! So dang funny!