Last weekend we went house hunting. We looked in the Weston area which is really nice. However, we were so frustrated with how expensive the homes were for the condition they were in. Our home here would easily be at least $750,000. After praying and talking about it, we decided we are going to expand our search to Parkland which will be a major commute. The area seems much newer and more like us. With Sydney going into middle school, our number one priority is the quality and safety of the schools. It looks like we can't go wrong in Parkland.
Our Tampa home:

Even though I miss having snow, I love how it's green all year.

Our formal living.

Our formal dining/piano room.. was next on list to be decorated.

My favorite room of the house. This pic doesn't do it justice.

Our family room. I never finished decorating this room. The baskets are filled with toys for visiting children.


Our master bath. The shower is awesome because I don't have any glass to clean. We were going to swap out the lighting fixtures, but ran out of time.

Our backyard is so relaxing. After I drop the kids off at school, I grab a diet coke and a fiber one bar and enjoy the pond view from the patio every morning. I'm really going to miss this.
Please keep us in your prayers that we find something affordable and this all goes smoothly. Like I told a friend, "If you see someone in the corner rocking in the fetal position mumbling incoherently... you'll know it's me."


9 comments:
didn't you guys just move? Well your house is BEAUTIFUL! and i will still come visit you in Miami
Good luck with your house hunting. I bet it will be tough to find somthing as loveable as your Winged Elm house, but you'll make something else your own! The market stinks in FL and I agree that you are amazingly fortunate to walk away from it with no loss! Things will unfold the way they need to....just hold on and keep your eyes and heart open!
Another move! I didn't even get to see this house! What a bummer! We'll pray for you.
It will be hard to move! That house is beautiful!
I know if your patient and prayerful you will find the right place for you .
Good luck!
Moving is never a fun thing to do!
I cant wait to see you this Christmas!
your house is beautiful! I am sure you will be led to the right house. Heavenly Father puts us where we need to be! Good luck with everything.
So Nana said you found a place? Is that right? And how in the world did I miss this post? Your house is beautiful! I can't wait to see what you find in Miami :)
Wow- What a beautiful home you have! You forgot to mention you will miss your alligator in the pond! I'm so glad you can finish Dason's last year there!! Keep us posted!
'splain the no glass comment? I wanna redo our bath with showers with no glass.
And lastly... sucking our thumb in the corner and murmuring incoherently is what we're good at.
Nice blog - you're a good read.
Lyle Stavast
Post a Comment