Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Day of School 2008


Sydney and Spencer were so excited for the first day of school! They were dressed and had fixed their hair before I woke up, hence Spencer's faux-hawk.

Sydney is now in 4th grade and Spencer's in 3rd.


A couple weeks ago Spencer asked how long before school began. After I answered him he replied, "I wish it started tomorrow." Sydney piped in with a "me too!" What?! I guess I'm the only one not ready for school to begin.


This is Dason's first day as an 11th grader. I can't believe he's a junior in high school! Rick took him (& Tiff (don't ask)) to seminary at 5:30am. Rick said it was too dark to take the traditional pictures then. So I took these the moment he walked in the door. Even though the school had posted the wrong bus stop on his papers and he'd just walked over a mile home, he was in good spirits.

     
Tiffany is now in 13th grade. :) She started her first day of classes at BYU as a freshman on September 2nd. Tiff asked a girl she didn't know to take a picture of her on the first day for me. How sweet was that! It turns out she was doing the same for her Mom and asked Tiff to return the favor. This story actually made me sad because this is the first year that Rick & I weren't there to take the picture and it's also the first time she and Dason weren't in it together. She doesn't look too upset does she?

6 comments:

Jen said...

Such cute pictures! I flippin' LOVE Spencer's hair!

As for the realization that this is the first year you don't have Dason and Tiff in the picture together, that got to me and it's not even my kids!

It made me realize how fast time goes and how much I need to cherish every moment because before I know it, Kya's gonna be at BYU! AHHHH!

Debbi said...

Such a big girl - Tiffany I mean - I really miss Blane too - I didn't get a first day of school pic from him - boys are so insensitive!

Debbi said...

Such a big girl - Tiffany I mean - I really miss Blane too - I didn't get a first day of school pic from him - boys are so insensitive!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jules - I just popped over from Jen's to sneak a peek at your life! But it's against my rules to just lurk so I had to say hi! You have a darling family, Tiffany is lovely, and it looks like you had a fabulous summer of road trips! Nice to meet you!

SuperCoolMom said...

Whoops! Jen said that profile isn't hooked to an email. So you couldn't reply! You can email me at hotmamabeader at hotmail dot com :)

Jen said...

Wow i can't believe you would post pictures of those goofy looking kids. Are they from Jerry's kids? lol j/k they are gorgeous thanks to our family genetics. I love the fro-hawk on Spencer. I still can't believe my little niece is in college. Crazy how fast the time goes.

Love ya!

Gary