I spent the next hour trying to figure out how to set up the wii in the car for the kids. Let's just say a little duct tape goes a long way. :)
After grabbing a Diet Coke for the road we said our goodbyes to Jim (aka Grandpa).
Grandpa was making their heads touch. Of course they thought this was hilarious.
What's that?
As we were leaving a bird was swooping down on us. A baby bird had fallen out of its nest and the mommy bird was trying to to keep us from getting near it.
Isn't he cute.
On the Road Again.
After driving quite a ways after our stop at a Target in Amarillo, TX, I realized I forgot to fill the car with gas. I panicked a little when I saw 56 miles to empty and the GPS said the next gas station was in 69 miles. I kept driving, praying there was a large enough reserve, or a gas station closer than the GPS said. It turned out to be the latter. A gas station in San Jon, New Mexico saved us!
Note how lucky we were.
What's the last thing to go through a bug's mind when it hits my windshield?
HIS BUTT! Ha ha ha!
We tried to make it to Gallup, but since we had a late start I played it safe and spent the night in Grants, NM which is halfway between Albuquerque and Gallup.


5 comments:
nice butt joke, lol! The pic of Jim holding the kids head together is hilarious!
I fill your pain!! Road Triper to Road Triper!! Yeah!! But oh, so FUN!!
I am so amazed that you could drive all that way yourself!! I helped drive to Destin and after 2 hours had to pull over because my eyes got too tired! You are superwoman! Sounds like you had a great time though!
Driving... driving... driving... I'm with ya sistah!
I am going to have to share that joke with my nephews who will either already know it... or think I am the coolest thing since sliced bread:D
Post a Comment