Thursday, September 11, 2008

Chilling in Granbury


When we arrived in Granbury we were three days shy of being gone for six weeks. Being with Grandma and Grandpa was really comforting and peaceful. It felt like we had never left Texas and had made it home.

Swimming

Sydney in mid-air. The face she's making cracks me up.

Spencer who is normally a camera hog was hiding from the camera under the raft. Sydney taking a break looking content.

Quiet Time

The kids were quiet and that usually means trouble. After a short search I found them sitting in the rocking chairs enjoying the view and each other's company. Definitely a Kodak moment.

Chocolate Pudding

It wouldn't be a trip to Granbury without eating Grandma's chocolate pudding. Spencer couldn't be talked out of using the large spoon he's holding. I don't think it was small enough to scoop the pudding. Thank goodness Sydney is, shall I say, less stubborn.

Peas in a Pod

Doesn't fall from the tree I thought he did--

Going through pics for this post I found this gem. It made me laugh out loud. I always thought Spencer got his sense of humor from Rick. Little did I know Grandma's got game too. :)

We had such a nice time being with family! I am so lucky to be blessed with wonderful in-laws and am grateful to be one of the few people that can say that! Jim and Peg, thanks for taking such good care of us we really enjoyed our stay!

5 comments:

The Martone Memories said...

Wow, you have cool in-laws. What an awesome house they have. Oh wait, hehe, that's my parents. Guess that makes me lucky too!

Jen said...

How cute! I love the picture of Peg!!!

Sabeys said...

Hey, can't invite you to my family site... can't even figure how I blocked everybody from the fam site. Can't fix it if I can't figure out how it's broke.

Can't even figure out how to send responses to you, except on your comment section.

Dia says, You can dress her up, but ya just can't let her anywhere near the computer!

I'll try.

valgae said...

Jules!! cute pix of the fam. You guys had a looooonnnnnnngggggg fricken trip. You are way tougher than me!!

Anonymous said...

i love them