Monday, September 29, 2008

It's just a naked person! May 2007

At our elementary school in Texas the art teacher had a "Meet the Artist" gallery night for the entire school. Every student (about 800) decorated a poster-sized portfolio and placed all of the artwork they did throughout the year in it. Each grade's portfolios were displayed in different rooms throughout the school. Sydney took me to find hers. She loves art! Her drawings and projects were really well done. (Of course I might be a teeny bit biased).

Rick went off with Spencer to find his. As he walks in the room he notices a group of parents and kids at a table laughing at one of the portfolios. He said to himself, "please don't let that be Spencer's, please don't let that be Spencer's." Rick asked him to find his and Spencer made a beeline straight to it. Here is what he found:

We asked Spencer what was up with his drawing and he replied, "It's just a naked person!"

On the way out the art teacher was in the middle of a conversation with other parents. When her eyes met mine she immediately burst with, "I know, I know! I didn't catch it until right before it started! I thought of adding a fig leaf but ran out of time. "

7 comments:

Allie said...

That just seriously made my night! SO FRIGGIN' FUNNY!!!

Allie said...

That really is quite fantastic! Thanks Jen for putting it so well!

Mamarazzi said...

OH NO!!!

hilarious and i am SUPER stoked that you posted it! made my evening fo' shizzle!

SuperCoolMom said...

ROFLOL! I am dying over that funny pic!

One of my 4 yo primary boys drew a family pic. Everyone had one of "those", even Mom. I teased her when she came to pick him up. "Hmmm, you must be very modest at home, huh, Emily?" Well, I try. "I know. He thinks you look like one of the boys!" LOL!

The Martone Memories said...

Looks like a naked person with a booger! That is soooooo funny, I remember when it happened.

Debbi said...

I have heard the story before but seeing the pic and reading about it again made me laugh so hard I have tears - he is a HOOT!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm laughing and laughing and laughing. OUT LOUD, guffawing! I tittered, giggled, and snickered!

So cute... this is why I write.

It's in the retelling... just wait til I tell....

Phaaaaaahhhhhhh!