Saturday, September 20, 2008

Slushies for sale! Only a dollar!


This afternoon Sydney and Spencer set up a "slushie" stand with their friends who live across the street. Sydney invited her best friend from school, Emily (wearing glasses), to join the operation. They had everything planned from marketing to managing the revenue weeks ago.

The inventory was transported via Step 2 wagon to their friends' house on the corner while I was inside the house on the computer for a couple minutes.

Checking on them a little later I walked outside to see Spencer holding a large whiteboard at the gate entrance hollering "Slushies for sale! Only a dollar!" Furiously searching for a camera that worked, I ran outside and got a couple pictures of them in action.
After the photos I asked how much they'd made so far and they said, "$16 and one guy gave us $5". To think, I sold lemonade as a kid for 10 cents and was beyond thrilled when one person gave me a quarter.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Dang 16$!!! That's millions in Jen land, even now! Your kids are richer than me! LOL! That looks like a lot of fun :)

SuperCoolMom said...

You sure have some enterprising kids! You're a good sport to let them go for it!

Jen said...

YOU ROCK!

Jen said...

AWESOME :)

Jen said...

:) :0 ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :)

oh and :) ;) :) :0

and don't forget :)

:)

TexasRanger said...

I'd buy a slushie right now.

Mmm....

Jen said...

Two words!!

LONGER THAN!!!!

Debbi said...

Wow look at Spencer going in to business with all those girls - he is brave - heehee - I am impressed - they are salesman like their dad.