Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 3 History in Philly

Bright and early we headed out to see a few historical sights in Philadelphia. Even though we drove over, our hotel was walking distance from all of these landmarks.

Independence Hall

The United States Declaration of Independence and United States Constitution were both signed at Independence Hall.

Congress Hall

During Congress Hall's duration as the capitol of the United States, the country admitted three new states, Vermont, Kentucky, and Tennessee; ratified the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution; and oversaw the Presidential inaugurations of both George Washington and John Adams.

The Liberty Bell

Let Freedom Ring!

3 comments:

Debbi said...

Let Freedom Ring!!!!!!!

Jen said...

How fun! Now I'm singing the "Let Freedom Ring" song, by Martina McBride I believe!!

Allie said...

I love it! I don't think I knew that it served as the country's capital, that is a sad fact:D