We loved having my mom stay with us for the last three weeks!
While here: She bonded with our dog Sony.
Sony loved Nana's attention!
She took the kids swimming.
No, he's not a terrorist. My mom said Spencer wore this part of his ninja Halloween costume for the entire walk to the neighborhood pool.
She sneaked away with me to Clearwater Beach while the kids were in school.

They were setting up for the Iron Man competition that was being held the next day. I thought it was kind of cool that a New Zealander won. Her kiwi vibes must've still been on the beach. :)
She made crafts with the kids.
Sydney's Praying Mantis battling Spencer's T-Rex.
She played games & tutored Sydney & Spencer almost every day.
They had no idea they were learning their math facts. Sneaky Nana. :)
She visited with a long lost friend who drove up from Ft Lauderdale.

My mom hasn't seen Janet (far right) since we left Sacramento in 1976 shortly after my dad died. She was a good friend who helped my mom get through that time.
She went on walks and took Dason out for ice cream, watched the kids for our anniversary, went to church activities with us, kept me company shopping for groceries, waited in line for the kids after school with me, sat through HSM 3 with Sydney, Spencer, and their friend Maddie, took Sydney & Spencer on walks too, etc., etc., and so forth.
Our last night with Nana,

so we took her somewhere fancy... ihop. :)
(It's hard to get Dason to smile now that he has braces).

He hawd too. Thank goodness everyone brought jackets because it was freezing!

Sydney tried a bite of sausage for the first time. Later that night she said that the taste kept going down, and then up, which brought us to her first lesson on heartburn. She decided she does not like sausage.

We hope Nana enjoyed herself as much as we enjoyed having her here! We miss her already!

Mom/Nana.. Thanks for everything! WE LOVE YOU!!!


7 comments:
Great Post! Sydney's heartburn story is cracking me up!
That post is the sweetest post ever!!
Isn't Nana the best? I absolutely LOVE how she interacts with the kids! It's a attribute to be admired!
I didn't know she got to see such a good friend while out there? That is really special!
As for you all being Hawd? Um, not too sure about dat. You say it was freezing? It was in the 70's!!! This just cracks me up!
But, as soon as I read that Sydney ate some sausage for the first time (and it's reoccuring visits), I decided to then again label you all as HAWD! Not sure why. . . TRUTHFULLY though, you all never really stopped being Hawd, I just like writing the word Hawd, so I have to interject Hawd whenver my stubby fat fingers get the urge.
I HAWD!!
Sounds like your kids have two awesome grandma's who will do anything a kid will do - that's awesome. Now you have to go back to everyday boring life like the rest of us bummer - no more fun hookie! We can't wait to see you guys in December - we really enjoyed having Rick hang with us - he didn't get any of dad's gift did he?
so much fun!!
love all the pics~!
Haha... Spencer the terrorist! Love it.
And sony looks fat.
Poor Sydney... I love her hoodie!
How fun and sad at the same time! Way to journal all of that!! What a great Mom & Grandma!!
Grandma's are the best.
Sausage is gross, I'm with ya Sydney.
And I love the pink heart placemat Spencer is using!
Post a Comment