The Treasury Department

The only picture with both of us of the entire trip.
The FDIC

Please keep my money safe!
The White House

Rick would love to be President. This is his dream home.

Proof I was there.
.jpg)
You could see the snipers on the roof (in the first pic).
The Lincoln Memorial

Proof he was there.
Washington Memorial
.jpg)
.jpg)
More proof.
Congress is in session.

They were working on the infamous bailout while we were there.
Korean War Memorial

This was really haunting in person, especially at dusk.
Vietnam Memorial

The stories and letters that people had left about or from their loved ones whose names were on the wall were so touching. All I can offer is a humble and grateful "thank you" to all of our soldiers; past, present, and future.
A poignant day revisiting American history.


7 comments:
I like all your "proof", but just how do we know you didn't photoshop yourselves in those pictures and really go to Paris?
I keed. I keed!
Seriously though, I'm BEYOND jealous of this trip. I love history, I love our country and would LOVE to go there someday!
Sounds like I'm singing the "hope they call me on a mission song". . . or is it just me? It's late! :)
all of these pics are making me sooooo jealous! i need a vacation, ANYWHERE!!
you lucky girl! I would love to go and tour back east!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE D.C. The Korean Memorial was one of my favorites when I visited. Looks like fun. I am hoping to go back in March for a mini-vacation.
Those are some awesome pictures Julie!! So how long was your trip? How many hours of driving is that for you? Way to be spontaneous! (Does this thing have spell check?)
looks like a fun trip. I would love to to take those tours. Cute pics!
I am so jealous! It looks like an awesome trip and I have ALWAYS wanted to visit the war memorials!
Post a Comment