Jen took this pic of our backyard when she was visiting in April.
She was pretty freaked out about us having a pond in our backyard with all the alligator stories she'd heard about. I assured her we'd lived here for 6 months and hadn't seen a single one.
I spoke too soon. :)
Not only did we have this one in our pond their entire visit, but two more smaller ones were spotted too. Our neighbor behind us (gray house in pic) said that if it heard her little dogs it would come out of the water, but if it heard humans it went back in.
The irony is that we haven't seen one since they left. :)


11 comments:
Oh my gosh - cool but freaky! I am bringing Daisy to Florida to play with the alligator - heehee - she makes me crazy.
I guess no one will be swimming in that lake!
Whats that movie about the gator that kills everyone?? It was coming out of the sewers. Maybe that gator went back into the sewer after your visitors left.:)
Dude, you never mentioned that you had gators in your pond!!! Scary.
GGGGAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I will not be visiting FL anytime soon!
I watch Nature!
thats nuts!! i'm with Terina, i prefer to watch nature on discovery channel.;)
That scares me Julie!! I'm going to have second thoughts about staying at your house:)hee, hee.
OH noooooooo....that is WAY skeeeeeeeeeeeery!!
AWESOME!!! Hey look at me. My pictures are on your blog! I rock! I rock even more that I'm making a comment and don't even have my computer back yet. Nana rocks. She's letting me use her laptop for a few minutes! I'm SO BEHIND on my bloggy reading!
HEWO!?!?!
Scary! How do you let your kids play outside, knowing that he's out there......?
I don't see any posts! Way to get my hopes up!! :(
Post a Comment