We love this place!
Hands on fun!
It took some convincing to get Nana to touch the snake. She said if it had moved she would've had an accident. Thank goodness it didn't and she didn't. :)
Sydney is pretty fearless and couldn't believe that Spencer and Nana were having issues touching the critters.
Spencer would have no part of going near it. I convinced him to put his finger as close as he dared and I would take a picture. He agreed and while doing so Sydney gave him a little shove to be funny. To say the least, Spencer was not happy with her. I can't say that I wasn't thinking the same thing... she just beat me to it.
The Alligator Wrestlers
Nana and the kids were glad this one had couldn't have them for lunch.
Feeding the birds
The nectar was gone at this point and because of Spencer running out I missed the pics of all the action.
They gave Sydney and Spencer each a small cup of fruit juice to hold out for the birds. They must've been really hungry because when the kids walked in the room the birds swarmed, landing on their arms, head and hands trying to eat. Spencer made it half way through the door when one landed on him. As he's trying to hand me the cup another bird lands on him, he drops the cup, and high tails it out of there to the safety of Nana.
Nana refused to go in to begin with. She saw The Birds when she was young - need I say more? To give Spencer and her some credit even our daredevil Sydney was a little freaked out by the birds all over her.
Jumparoo
The gators didn't jump as high this time, but it was still exciting to watch.
Gator Food!
This pic makes me smile. She is a really good sport!
Real Gators
To think, there were three of these in my backyard pond in April.
We had a lot of fun at Gatorland and hope to come back soon!


9 comments:
Your brave little Sydney cracks me up! I love that she's game for anything. What a fun, memorable day! You are having way too much fun with Grandma there!
We fed those kinds of birds at Sea World in San Antonio & CJ was so freaked out...I think she was scarred for life! Glad you had fun!!! Playing Hookey! Woo Hoo!
coolest mom and grandma EVER!!!
that looks like fun!! my kiddos are so brave at grapevine mall rainforest cafe until the alligator jumps out of the water. then you can only see their back!!!
Wow gators in your back yard? I could not live there! Anywho how fun! They will remember that for a while!
WHAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!! IN YOUR POOL!!!!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!! And I thought the bugs in OK were bad!!!!!
We loved Gatortown - it was one of our funnest Florida adventures.
Very cute. Thats one place we haven't been. We'll have to go there sometime. Peg
HOW FUN! Wish I could've been there . . I was just reading this post with Nana behind me. She's like, oh that's lovely that all the world can read about me having an accident if that snake would've moved. LOL! She sure is brave. The birds look and sound cool. I don't remember that part at all? Oh and the big Alligator mouth at the entrance? Pretty sweet! Oh and I think most of us now have our pictures taken at Gatorland. We need a collage! Oh and . . . I just wanted to say Oh again!
Post a Comment