Jim's Secret Recipe

Years ago Rick shadowed Jim in the kitchen writing down all the ingredients as he fixed it. (Can't let you see). :) Seriously, we use this recipe a lot!
The kids walked in the door from school and Spencer saw the chili on the stove and exclaimed, "Thanks for making chili for dinner!"
Yum!!! BTW this is my favorite pot I have ever owned!
Chili Accessories
Notice the Parkay and saltines.
Well... my in-laws (Rick too) all have to butter their saltines before they scoop chili on them. Does anyone else out there do this? It kind of reminds me of how Robert on Everybody Loves Raymond had to touch each bite of food to his chin before he could eat it. hee hee :)
Completely candid picture.
Knowing the pic and topic were blog-bound, he laughed after I snapped this photo.
Much to my chagrin, Sydney and Spencer gave it a try and now think they need to do it too...not that my deep fried Fritos Scoops are any healthier. :)


9 comments:
LOL! I've never heard of spreading butter on the cracker before dipping it in the chili! It all looks so good though. Too bad I can't try it, since you won't let us see the recipe. I see you use Bush Baked Beans. Maybe the dog will give the recipe to me!
BTW- my word verification?
andfart
LOL!
Probably what you all were doing after a night of chili!
butter on the cracker is so worth the extra effort in eating chili - it is the BEST! I like Fritos and cheese too though!
Oh my goodness, what a memory! We always buttered the saltines BGF (before GF). I thought we were the only freaks who did this before dipping in the chili. YUM
When I was a kid, one of our favorite snacks, besides cinnamon and sugar and butter on hot toast was SALTINES and BUTTER!!!!
My mom didn't keep cool, fattening snacks in the house, so we didn't know that there was anything better than SALTINES and BUTTER! I think I'd better go get my fix RIGHT NOW! Yum......
I used to do it when I was little, now I am much bigger so I avoid butter my saltines, although I never put chili on them I just ate them like that. I also however buttered myself at about age 2 so I mean really I was destined to be a butter lover
Very cute. Yes, we also had chili on Halloween. And as you do we also passed our buttered crackers on to our friends Becki and Terry. They agreed much better. We had trick or treaters until 10pm. Mom
Oh... I miss the traditional chili....
And you.
Looks good. I will send you a new recipe card. :)
too funny!! buttered saltines......hmmmmmmmm, hafta try that one. That chili looks fab! One thing though, I seem to remember how much you loved sour cream, where's da cream!! lol
Post a Comment