Friday, October 31, 2008

A Joe the Plumber Moment.

Tonight as I (Rick not Julie) took the kids Trick O' Treating I gave the kids a lesson in Politics. As many of you know, Florida is a swing state in this years election and many of the homes here have either a McCain/Palin sign in their front yard or a obama/biden sign.

As Sydney and Spencer went to each house many had bowls of candy on their porch since they were out with their kids collecting candy. I told Sydney and Spencer if the house was for McCain only take what was told on the sign near the bowl. If there was an Obama sign I wanted to give the homeowners and those kids still out Trick O' Treating a lesson in what redistribution of wealth felt like, so I said "go ahead and take whatever you want...You deserve it!"


11 comments:

Jen said...

OH my GOSH Jules, you didn't!!!

The Martone Memories said...

Oh my goodness, I am sitting here in the dark trying to be as quiet as I can but I am laughing so hard I am crying. You guys are hilarious.

Debbi said...

that is so funny -way to bring kids in to the messed up world of politics

SuperCoolMom said...

That is too funny! My hubby left our bowl of chocolate left unattended one year. All it took was one democrat...
I was REALLY mad! You don't leave the bowl in our neighborhood. Either they're home, or they're not.

Jules said...

By the way, that was our bowl of candy and unlike the democrats our kids showed restraint and only took a couple extra pieces. :)

Samantha's Blog said...

I couldn't be more proud!!!! Too funny!

valgae said...

I love you Richardo!!!! I am sooo diggin it!!

Ed said...

What a beautiful teaching moment. The counterstrategy is to leave an empty bowl out front with a sign that says, "take one please". Save a lot of money that way...

Jen said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Mansell Six said...

You are as bad as me...I made the kids pass any house that had an obama sign in there yard!!hee,hee

Sara said...

I LOVE the fact that the kids raided the democrats. Now they know (at least the ones in your neighborhood) how it feels for THEIR GOOD STUFF to go to someone else in abundance!