Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Spencer vs. the Spaghetti

After a night of swimming with Nana the kids came home, showered, and got in their pjs while I worked on dinner.  Because of my culinary talents Sydney and Spencer begged to have Smart Ones (Weight Watcher's TV dinners) when they saw me fixing spaghetti.  This is why what happened next was so entertaining to me.  :)  
Spencer surprised us by finishing his first helping of spaghetti in record time. He began to scoop this ginormous helping of seconds . I pleaded with him to put some of it back reminding him that he never finishes as much as he takes. He swore up and down that he was still really hungry.  Of course I told him to freeze so I could get my camera.  :)

Determination
He'd eaten over half of it when I took this pic. If you enlarge it you can truly see the agony on his face. Many times I let him know he didn't have to finish it.  His response was shaking his head "no" with his mouth full of spaghetti. (He has my hubby's strong will).  

The Look Says It All!
He had just put his fork down. The look on his face cracks me up! Next thing he said was, "My tummy hurts."

Finally a smile!
We felt bad he was miserable and made a big deal of being shocked that he finished every bite.  This made him laugh.  

It Hurts Here
I asked where all that food went and he lifted his shirt.  I then asked where his tummy hurt and he made a circular motion around his entire belly.  I bet he wished he'd had that Smart One. :)

8 comments:

The Martone Memories said...

Oh my goodness, LOOK HOW GROWN UP HE LOOKS!!!!! Sorry Jules but he looks more and more like a Jones every day! Oh, Rick strong willed, NO WAY!

valgae said...

to fricken funny!! loves it spence!!

Anonymous said...

"I can't believe he ate the WHOLE thing."

Jen said...

Holy Cow! Does he ever have Rick's determination! LOL! Good for him! Less points for you right? LOL!

Mamarazzi said...

very funny!! love the pics and the story!! what a cute kiddo!

Mansell Six said...

Okay- see I'm like Spencer. The look on his face is the same look on my face having to update my Blog... I just don't know if I have his determination in me :)

Brenda said...

I wish my kids ate like that! We have the opposite problem with Seth. We have to beg him to eat half his plate! Way to go Spencer!

Allie said...

That is so my husband in a little person body! We tease him about it all the time, and his step mom loves to tell him he has to eat it all when we are at their house....