Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Long awaited visitor! Yay!

My mom recently returned from serving a mission for our church in New Zealand and we haven't seen her in almost two years. The kids and I are so excited to have Nana with us for three weeks!

After they finished their homework today Sydney and Spencer took her swimming at our neighborhood pool. (Gotta love Florida.. swimming outdoors at the end of October in a pool that is not heated).

Playing Keep Away With Nana



I have a feeling Nana took a dive (hee hee) every now and again.

Trying to get the kids to pose for a picture ..

They weren't cooperating, so she tickled them.

The tradition continues..


Nana was teaching them to float with their toes sticking out of water like she did me when I was little. (I never mastered it).

Bunny Cloud?

Spencer out of nowhere said, "look a bunny cloud!" Sydney saw it too. It took me a minute to see the hopping bunny. Can you see it???

The Nana Train


The kids had a blast at the pool with Nana on her first day here and can't wait to spend more time with her!

8 comments:

Jen said...

How fun!!!! I love all the pictures!! The picture where Nana is supposedly tickling the kids is one of my favorite! Nana looks so young there to me! I can totally see her and it looks as though she did when she was our age! I don't know, I just LOVE it! She looks completely HAPPY! The kids look like they are having the time of their lives! I'm SO GLAD THAT everyone is having a wonderful time and I'm very jealous of the weather! It was 52 here today and is 48 right now brrrrr! No swimming outside for us, even if the pool was heated. Oh well, there's my novel comment!

Jen said...

Wait, pool? What pool? We don't have a pool! Let alone have to worry if it's heated! I'm such a fool sometimes! LOL!

Jen said...

Oh and I saw Little Bunny Foo Foo right away!

Jen said...

I figure I might as well get my need to comment filled here since I don't have the time to go read tons of blogs right now.

Ham

Eggs

Sausage

Green

I do like them!

Do you?

Mamarazzi said...

so. much. fun.

it makes me a little sad to know my folks are leaving for their mission in just a few weeks.

but glad to know that blessings will come to our family.

i am so happy for you that Nana is home!

SuperCoolMom said...

So fun to have her get in the pool and play with the kids! Those are the things that they will always remember about her! What a good sport she is!

The Martone Memories said...

Nana's are the best

Mansell Six said...

Julie- I see where you get your beautiful face. Your mom is darling. I have never seen pictures of her before. How fun!!