Friday, October 17, 2008

No knack for knick knacks

There are a couple reasons why our home lacks furniture and decor like we are newlyweds. First, we don't like to spend money on non-essentials. Second, I have zero and I mean ZERO talent in the interior design department. And third, it doesn't interest me whatsoever! (Might have something to do with the zero talent). :)

I finally found the perfect person to help me get our home put together. Yay! Laura (RS president's daughter in another ward) is amazing! She took me shopping for two days straight having me pick out (very inexpensive) knick knacks ixnaying the ones that wouldn't work and approving the ones that would. She wore me out just doing this!

For some reason our entire home was painted the color of pink flesh. It's not a bad color on a person, but not so great on walls. Laura gave us a yellowy greeny beigy color and my hubby couldn't wait to paint over the pink! Here are a couple pics of Rick & his "helper" Spencer.

Spencer was so excited to have fun like Dad was! :)
We have high ceilings and short ladders, so it is really hard work getting the high spots. Rick says if we end up hating the color I'm on my own if it needs to be repainted. :)

My accident waiting to happen.. check out his feet. Later that night I heard a suspicious "oops!" & turned around to see this. (Previous owner had this painting done).

10 comments:

The Martone Memories said...

Oh the days of painting, they are still too fresh in my mind. Poor Sam may not get a painted room until a new baby comes along. Oh well, guess he doesn't care.

SuperCoolMom said...

Soooo, I take it you're not too sad to see the painting go? The new color looks good from here. Let's see the accessories!

Jen said...

LOL on the oops! I know how much you all LOVED that painting!!

Mamarazzi said...

love a good decorating project!

i think thats a great color (looks good on my monitor)i can't wait to see it all "put together"

Allie said...

I love getting stuff to put on my walls, however that love has been robbed from me by one of my mother in laws, thats right I have two:) She thinks she knows what I like and buys me all this antique crap! Not so much I am a black and white kinda girl through and through! I have to say I am glad to see the opps, that painting would have induced gags evertime I walked by it:) I want to see it when its all put together!

Brenda said...

Julie! So glad you found us! What a fun blog you have! I know where to go when I need a good laugh! We miss you guys too! It is so fun seeing your cute family! Thanks for setting the Mansell's blog up as well. BTW, I didn't photoshop Seth' eye, that pic was taken a week after it happened because I was all caught up in the Homecoming thing, and I forgot to take it when it looked really bad! Take care!

TexasRanger said...

Woah!!! Our mural in the front hall is gone???

You're not supposed to change things that much while I'm gone...

Sabeys said...

Love the paint! Watch out, redeco can be addicting. Start... but you've been warned.

Peg said...

looks like its coming along. anxious to see the end results. Egad is Rick crazy on the ladder like that. Oh I guess cant say much done it myself. Whatever it takes. Mom

valgae said...

i'm lovin the paint color!! looks so fun....i so love to decorate!!