Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween in Florida - Pumpkins

Noticing the pumpkins weren't holding up well yesterday, I brought them to the darkest room of the house and took pics of them with lit candles in them. They were completely filled with a white web mold, a "pretty-sure-I'm going-to-die-from-it" black mold, and were turning to goo.

After the photo shoot I carefully set them on the porch. When I set the lid gently back on Spencer's it surprised me by falling right in. The kids got home from school and were upset that not only had the lid collapsed, but that Sydney's bat had fallen in too. It did comfort them when they found out I did get a picture of them glowing even though they never saw it.
Pumpkins!


Scary Pumpkins!
(You can see the white fuzz mold at the top of Sydney's bat).


Really Scary Pumpkins!


The Scariest Pumpkins EVER!!!

Note to self: Carve pumpkins the day before Halloween in Florida.

7 comments:

The Martone Memories said...

Come on, just come back to Texas and you won't have that problem! Cute pumpkins though

Sara said...

Cutest, cute, disgusting, health hazard, in that order! This year, we painted pumpkins so that we wouldn't attract anything looking for a free meal. And so the 4 year old wouldn't cut his hands open, or have a tantrum that Mom was carving HIS pumpkin. We live in the high desert and there are lots of critters I've never seen before...and I don't want to meet any of them on the porch!

Mansell Six said...

Yeah!! That is gross!! Good thing you took a picture!! :) How hot is it there?? Now see, you need to move to Colorado and you won't have that problem!

Jen said...

HOLY FREAKING NASTY! Good plan on getting those pictures taken!

got twins? said...

Your pumpkins looked great! I have loved reading your blog and your posts to mine. I hope you guys do come back soon. We love our new neighborhood. It is so fun. It feels like home.

Debbi said...

Oh my gosh that is so gross - the dark picture of the bat looks like there is smoke coming out - maybe mold on fire - the toxins are in the air now - JK - cute pumpkins!

Terina Dee said...

HA! Oklahoma would have been slimy too. We have to draw on the carving...

Wow, it just struck me that you now live in Florida! Oblivious is my middle name.